Sunday, January 5, 2020

The Golden Globes 2020


 Image result for golden globes 2020


January 5th, 2020

        I myself am actually watching the Golden Globes right now, and I watch it every year with my family because we enjoy watching the fashion on the red carpet, a recap of movies over the entire year, and my favorite part of the speeches. I love to hear all the speeches that address the people that helped them, their emotions, the words of wisdom, and the real-life events they take into consideration and their opinion on it. This year I have seen many great speeches and all of them have been able to address their own opinion and their stance on the problems in the world, Australia's fire, the reason to worry from Isis, the MeToo movement, the importance of voting and global warming. Image result for golden globes 2020 actors

These actors and actresses take the time to make mention these important moments in history to not only ask the audience but for us at home to take a stance and raise a voice what is right. Hearing these famous people thank their parents and telling us how they got to this moment makes me and others think that they were people like us who worked harder than others to achieve more than lots. Being able to see people who deserve recognition for there hard work. Oh, also the comedy is pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. I love award shows too. My sister, and I have watched them with my mom since we were little. Unfortunately I made the mistake of watching the TV show 'Adam Ruins Everything' on Netflix. It completely demolished the concept that actors receive awards for talent. Apparently, studios campaign and target the people in Hollywood that decide who the winner of certain awards are (Hollywood Foreign Press) in order to get publicity and bring in more profit. Apparently, the Golden Globes are the most corrupt. For example, Sharon Stone's "people" sent all voters gold Coach watches. That year she won a Golden Globe. Nominated actors are talented, but the winner is chosen primarily based off advertising to voters.

    ReplyDelete

Goodnight and Goodbye

January 14th, 2020 At first, these blogs were a way to get a grade. But as I kept writing them every weekend it was a way for me to rant ...